Clarity for taxpayers urgent
Staff member at the Directorate General of Taxation at the Finance Ministry
PREMIUM The highly publicized case of the novelist Tere Liye has created a rare opportunity for a public discussion on the tax system after he asked his publishers to stop selling his novels for the single reason of taxation. He contends that writers pay more than twice in income tax than other professionals such as doctors and artists. He had written to various government agencies, including the Direc...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Anger at Singapore ads offering Indonesian maids for sale
- Balinale set to return with award-winning movies, guests
- Creator of 3-D printed guns flies to Taiwan amid US sex assault accusation
- Malaysia ex-PM faces 21 new charges over 1MDB scandal
- BMKG warns of heavy rains, high waves as Typhoon Mangkhut ends
- Five destinations to be developed into one geopark
- 'Asia Sentinel' apologizes to Yudhoyono, Dems
- Indonesians ready to embrace cashless future
- BTS to appear on ‘America’s Got Talent’
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world