Clarity for taxpayers urgent
Staff member at the Directorate General of Taxation at the Finance Ministry
PREMIUM The highly publicized case of the novelist Tere Liye has created a rare opportunity for a public discussion on the tax system after he asked his publishers to stop selling his novels for the single reason of taxation. He contends that writers pay more than twice in income tax than other professionals such as doctors and artists. He had written to various government agencies, including the Direc...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- North Sumatra's regent nabbed in antigraft operation
- 22 migrants missing off Morocco after boat capsizes
- Indonesia's latest economic stimulus package: What you need to know
- Republican urges conservatives to run against Trump in 2020
- Trump says doesn't want to hear 'suffering' Khashoggi tape
- 'Waria' told to leave their home in Jakarta amid anti-LGBT campaign
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- Political parties clash over sharia-based bylaws
- Your next Uber ride may have a minifridge stocked with snacks
- Boeing ‘confident’ in 737 MAX safety despite aircraft flaw