When women translate rights
Director of Rumah Kita Bersama Foundation
PREMIUM “Roads, rates, rubbish.” This was councillor Anna Speedie’s campaign slogan when she successfully ran for mayor of Wodonga for a second term. Wodonga is in a rural hub in the far north of Australia’s state of Victoria, 300 kilometers from Melbourne. The slogan is far from new, but under her efforts the program seems to have markedly helped women, children, the disabled and ...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Here are 10 of the most populated cities in the world
- UGM considers expelling alleged sexual abuser amid public pressure
- Lion Air: a deadly crash and a whole lot of questions for Boeing
- Jokowi ratifies seven trade agreements
- Merpati escapes bankruptcy, but no guarantee it will fly again
- Prabowo plans Singapore-like taxes for Indonesia
- Trump fires senior advisor at start of expected White House reshuffle
- Teenagers boil sanitary pads to get high
- 21 companies to relocate factories from Karawang over high wages
- ASEAN’s priority: China