Balikpapan airport launches reading corner for children and adults
The Jakarta Post
State-owned airport operator Angkasa Pura I launched a reading corner at Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport in Balikpapan, East Kalimatan, on Thursday.
Tempo.co reported that the 9.5x10.7 meter reading room is situated in the airport's Gate 7.
The reading corner was designed for both adults and children and visitors can read from a wide selection of reading materials, from biographies and magazines to religious, motivational, farming and parenting books, while relaxing on couches.
The company's general manager Pujiono said more books would be added if the facility was used by many people.
(Read also: Balikpapan airport to launch cinema facility)
Currently, Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport owns a bigger reading room than any other airport in the nation. This reading corner was created to provide a comfortable place for passengers to wait for their flights to depart, especially those experiencing delays.
"This facility is a part of our creative program to give extra comfort for passengers," said Pujiono
Prior to the launching of reading corner, Sultan Aji Muhammad Sulaiman Airport added a cinema facility last year. Pujiono shared that the company would be adding extra facilities soon. (jes/asw)
You might also like :
- Teary Veronica reads Ahok letter on reasons for appeal withdrawal
- Widespread hotspots mark the start of dry season: BMKG
- RI seeks release of patrol crew member held hostage in Vietnam via diplomacy
- EDITORIAL: Well-deserved rating upgrade
- Raid on suspected gay sex party based on law: Police
- Djarot wants dedicated sites for hawkers
- Golkar must support KPK: Ethics board
- Two suspects of UII hazing surrender
- Toshiba turns to enterprises to boost laptop sales
- Golkar Party should start selecting VP candidates: Aburizal