Japan tops trending destinations for family vacations
The Jakarta Post
Already wondering where to go with your family this summer? Online accommodation giant Airbnb recently shared a list of trending vacation destinations.
More and more families are branching out according to the list and visiting countries like Brazil and Iceland, but it is Japan that tops the list with two cities, Osaka and Kyoto.
As reported by AFP, Airbnb put the list together by looking at destinations that experienced the largest increase of bookings by groups of more than three.
(Read also: Five destinations in Indonesia to visit this year)
The company also conducted an additional survey among some of their family travelers and found that multi-generational travel is becoming more and more popular, with over one in three respondents traveling with grandparents.
The trend of traveling in larger groups did not stop there, as 20 percent of families said they book vacations with friends. Airbnb also found that when it came to the most important amenities, Wi-Fi was the clear winner. (sul/kes)
Here is Airbnb’s official list of emerging travel destinations for families:
1. Osaka, Japan
2. Kyoto, Japan
3. Melbourne, Australia
4. Malibu, California
5. Reykjavik, Iceland
6. Princeville, Kauai, Hawaii
7. The Big Island, Hawaii
8. Bordeaux, France
9. Fortaleza, Brazil
10. Honolulu, Hawaii
- Paris clashes over police killing of Chinese man injured three
- House to hold confirmation hearings for new KPU, Bawaslu commissioners
- Railway station tunnels to be completed in April
- Sour note: Brexit forces orchestra move from UK to Belgium
- Jakarta saves 157 MW during Earth Hour 2017
- Chapecoense to finally play Atletico Nacional for title
- Death penalty meets fresh resistance
- Talks produce no progress in Scottish independence dispute
- Bekasi to have mental health rehabilitation center
- Gianopulos named new chairman of Paramount Pictures