TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Jakarta to deliver on elevated roads plan

  • Mustaqim Adamrah

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Sat, May 3 2008   /  11:14 am

Despite criticism from urban and transportation experts, the city administration is moving forward with its plan to construct elevated roads, including six turnpikes, in the inner part of the city. Deputy Governor Prijanto said the administration is setting up a special company, called PT Jakarta Toll Road Development, that would help garner 67 percent of Rp 40 trillion (US$4.34 billion) total investment to run the project. The administration would control ownership in the new company through the city-owned construction firms PT Jakarta Propertindo and PT Pembangunan Jaya. The remaining 33 percent of the project share would be offered in a public bidding. "This (new) company has both the concept and the cash. So it has the right to own shares in the project," Prijanto said on Friday at the City Hall in Central Jakarta. The administration pla...