The Jakarta Post
East Java Police have confirmed that four suicide bombers who attacked the Surabaya Police headquarters on Monday morning were the second family to have carried out terror attacks in the province in the past two days.
“The four perpetrators at the [Surabaya Police] headquarters used two motorcycles and have been declared dead,” East Java Police Chief Machfud Arifin said on Monday.
An 8-year-old girl who was riding with the perpetrators survived the attack. She has been transferred to the Port Hospital Center in Tanjung Perak.
The attack has left three police officers and three civilians injured. Previously on Sunday morning, a family of six were said to have carried out three deadly bombings at three churches in Surabaya. They were all killed in the attack, along with at least seven other people.
On Sunday night, a bomb prematurely exploded in Sidoarjo, killing two adults and their son who were believed to have been planning to launch a terror attack in the city. Two of their other children survived the explosion. (ahw)