The Jakarta Post
An Iraqi child passed away at an apartment complex pool in Kelapa Gading, North Jakarta, on Monday.
A security officer at the apartment, Gunawan, heard the boy’s sibling, Fatima, shouting for help.
The child was immediately rushed to the Mitra Keluarga Hospital nearby, but was pronounced dead. The cause of death was suspected to be an electrical shock, Jakarta Police spokesperson Argo Yuwono said in a statement sent to kompas.com.
“Upon arriving at the hospital, the victim was pronounced dead.” Argo said, adding that the incident occurred as the boy was swimming with Fatima. (acr)