TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Man dies of electrocution during wire installation in South Jakarta

  • News Desk

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Sun, January 27, 2019   /   06:07 pm
Man dies of electrocution during wire installation in South Jakarta A cat steps through a stack of electrical cables in Salemba, Central Jakarta. A worker died of electrocution during an electric cable installation in Mampang, South Jakarta on Sunday. (JP/Dhoni Setiawan)

An unidentified worker died after receiving an electric shock during an electric cable installation in Mampang, South Jakarta, on Sunday morning.

Toni, an eyewitness, told Antara newswire that the accident occurred when two workers entered a 2-meter hole that had been dug in order to install electric wires.

"While they were working, they received an electric shock," said Toni, who is one of their colleagues.

Toni added that one of the workers managed to get out, while the victim was trapped in the hole.

Nearby workers then transported the victim's body to the nearest hospital

The Mampang subprecinct police temporarily ceased the electrical wiring work in the area. (mai)