TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Civil servant recruitment for 2020 and 2021 canceled due to COVID-19, minister says

  • News Desk

    The Jakarta Post

Jakarta   /   Tue, July 7, 2020   /   03:11 pm
Civil servant recruitment for 2020 and 2021 canceled due to COVID-19, minister says Candidates take the civil servant admission test. (tribunnews.com/-)

Administrative and Bureaucratic Reform Minister Tjahjo Kumolo has said the government will not be opening recruitment for regular civil servant candidates (CPNS) in 2020 and 2021.

“There will be no CPNS recruitment for two years,” Tjahjo said Monday, as quoted by kompas.com.

Tjahjo said admissions were closed this year because last year's CPNS recruitment process had been delayed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

“The [preliminary process] of the last CPNS selection has just been completed and all [of the candidates] have yet to be inaugurated because interviews and other examinations have been postponed due to COVID-19,” he said.

However, Tjahjo said there was a possibility for CPNS recruitment next year, depending on the government budget and the needs of government agencies.

The last batch of CPNS recruits would continue with the field competency selection test (SKB) from August to October this year, National Civil Service Agency (BKN) head Bima Hari Wibisana said.

The agency is set to conduct the tests face-to-face, while coordinating with the national COVID-19 task force to ensure health protocols on site. (syk)