The Jakarta Post
Five national airlines have good on-time performance scores, above 85 percent throughout 2017, one even scoring over 90 percent. (Tempo/Tony Hartawan)
Five national airlines have good on-time performance scores, above 85 percent throughout 2017, one even scoring over 90 percent.
As KompasTravel reported on Thursday, NAM Air recorded an OTP of 92.62 percent with 29,832 on-time flights, followed by Sriwijaya Air in second place with 88.69 percent and Batik Air in the third place with 88.66 percent.
The fourth place is occupied by flag-carrier Garuda Indonesia with an OTP of 88.53 percent, followed by Citilink in the fifth place with 88.33 percent.
[RA: :Monthly destination: Bali::http://www.thejakartapost.com/travel/2018/02/01/monthly-destination-bali.html]
The OTP numbers are considered high and have fulfilled the previously planned minimum target that was agreed upon. Garuda, which previously held the first position with the highest OTP, had to move to number five spot due to a disturbance in crew scheduling a while ago.
The Transportation Ministry’s directorate general of civil aviation, Agus Santoso, said this reflects the rising quality of airlines for their passengers. This can raise the passengers’ trust level toward the airlines, thus making a positive impact to the aviation business.
Read also: AirAsia launches Jakarta-Tokyo direct flight
“Punctuality is an important form of service to passengers, because they buy flight time aside from buying the route. Boarding on-time flights means the passengers can also go on-time with their schedules,” said Agus.
Throughout 2017, there were 828,608 domestic flights recorded by the directorate general of civil aviation. The number indicates an 8.5 percent increase from 763.522 flights in 2016.
Meanwhile, the OTP in 2017 reached 80.14 percent or 664,024 on-time flights out of the 828,609 total flights. There was a 2.5 percent decrease from 2016 where the OTP reached 82.67 percent or 631,216 on-time flights from a total of 763,522 flights. The national airlines with good OTP records along with the number of on-time flights are listed below. (asw)
1. NAM Air with 92.62 percent OTP, 29,832 on-time flights from 32,209 total flights.
2. Sriwijaya Air with 88.69 percent OTP, 60,017 on-time flights from 67,673 total flights.
3. Batik Air with 88.66 percent OTP, 75,270 on-time flights from 84,900 total flights.
4. Garuda Indonesia with 88.53 percent OTP, 177,875 on-time flights from 200,918 total flights.
5. Citilink with 88.33 percent OTP, 74,912 on-time flights from 84,808 total flights.
6. Indonesia AirAsia Extra with 77.42 percent OTP 5,998 on-time flights from 7,747 total flights.
7. Indonesia AirAsia with 75.94 percent OTP, 5,603 on-time flights from 7,378 total flights.
8. Travel Express with 74.40 percent OTP, 6,909 on-time flights from 9,287 total flights.
9. Susi Air with 72.65 OTP, 4,926 on-time flights from 6,781 total flights.
10. TransNusa with 71.36 OTP, 526 on-time flights from 737 total flights.
11. Lion Mentari with 71.31 percent OTP, 140,459 on-time flights from 196,932 total flights.
12. Wings Air with 65.47 percent OTP, 70,888 on-time flights from 108,278 total flights.
13. Kalstar Aviation (ceased operation Sept. 30, 2017) with 58.10 percent OTP, 7,075 on-time flights from 12,177 total flights.
14. Trigana Air with 42.49 percent OTP, 3,732 on-time flights and 8,784 total flights.
Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)close x