The Jakarta Post
Saraswati Temple in Ubud, Bali. (Shutterstock/File)
Two hotels in Bali – Capella Ubud and COMO Uma Canggu – are among the world’s best new luxury hotels of 2018, according to Luxury Travel Intelligence (LTI), a members-only organization aimed at high-net worth individuals.
Capella Ubud, which ranks eighth on the list, is said to have both intriguing and extraordinary décor.
Meanwhile, COMO Uma Canggu ranks 10th and is praised for being a hip and relaxing Bali resort.
“The three-bedroom duplex penthouses – each with its own rooftop swimming pool and large deck – are among the most impressive new suites we have seen anywhere in the world this year,” said LTI as quoted by the Elite Traveler’s website.
LTI founder Michael Crompton said, “We thoroughly research every property, on our own dollar, as we are passionate about what we do – and bring truth to luxury travel. Of the 42 new hotels that we visited this year, we discovered 15 exceptional properties.”
The following is the 2018 list of the world's 15 best luxury hotels, according to LTI. (jes/wng)
1. Kudadoo Private Island, Maldives
2. Joali, Muravandhoo Island, Maldives
3. Amanyangyun, Shanghai, China
4. Shinta Mani Wild, Cambodia
5. Zuri, Zanzibar, Tanzania
6. Chable Maroma, Punta Maroma, Mexico
7. Rosewood Luang Prabang, Laos
8. Capella Ubud, Ubud, Bali
9. Royal Champagne, Champillon, France
10. COMO Uma Canggu, Canggu, Bali
11. Solaz, Los Cabos, Mexico
12. The Murray, Hong Kong
13. Nobu Hotel, Marbella, Spain
14. Six Senses, Malolo Island, Fiji
15. Hotel Gloria de Sant Jaume, Mallorca, Spain
Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)close x