press enter to search

27 tourist sites in Jakarta to be closed again starting Monday

News Desk

The Jakarta Post

Jakarta  /  Sun, September 13, 2020  /  03:25 pm
27 tourist sites in Jakarta to be closed again starting Monday

No visitors are seen at the Taman Mini Indonesia Indah park in East Jakarta on May 9, after it had been closed by the authorities to curb the spread of COVID-19. (JP/Seto Wardhana)

Twenty-seven tourist attractions in Jakarta will be closed to visitors starting Monday following the reinstatement of large-scale social restrictions (PSBB).

"Activities [at tourist sites] managed by the Jakarta [administration], such as Ragunan Zoo, Monas, Ancol [Dreamland Park] and city parks, will be halted," Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan told an online press conference on Wednesday as quoted by kompas.com.

Among the places to be shut down are the Kota Tua area in West Jakarta, Anjungan DKI at the Taman Mini Indonesia Indah (TMII) cultural park in East Jakarta, Planetarium Jakarta, Taman Ismail Marzuki, Jakarta Art Theater, Textile Museum in West Jakarta, Onrust and Kelor islands in Thousand Islands regency and the Wayang Orang Bharata show.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Seiring ditetapkannya masa Pembatasan Sosial Berskala Besar (PSBB) mulai 14 September 2020 mendatang, sekaligus sebagai upaya menjaga dan melindungi warga dari risiko penularan COVID-19, Pemprov DKI Jakarta menutup sementara beberapa tempat wisata publik yang di kelola oleh Pemprov DKI. Selama proses penutupan akan dilakukan pembersihan area wisata. Teman-teman, wabah masih ada, tetap jalankan protokol kesehatan di manapun dan setiap waktu. Batasi aktivitas keluar rumah hanya untuk keperluan esensial. #Repost @dkijakarta , @disbuddki #JagaJakarta #JakartaTanggapCorona #HadapiBersama #janganlupa3M #yukpakaimasker #cucitanganpakaisabun #jagajarak #PSBBJakarta #disbuddki

A post shared by MUSEUM KESEJARAHAN JAKARTA (@museumkesejarahan) on

Some of the sites, such as Ragunan Zoo, TMII and Ancol, had reopened to visitors in late June with health protocols in place and attracted tens of thousands of people looking to unwind on weekends. 

Anies said Friday that the restrictions would presumably be lifted on Sept. 28. 

However, he warned people not to expect the pandemic to be over in just two weeks. "It won’t. If this high rate [of COVID-19 transmission] does not slow down, [the PSBB] will continue." (kes)

Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)

close x
Subscribe to get unlimited access Get 50% off now