How Islamic finance can manage rupiah stability
In the last few weeks, we have witnessed an increase in foreign currency volatility in emerging markets, including Indonesia. The rupiah dropped to a new low of 14,418 against the US dollar on July 3, according to the Jakarta Interbank Spot Dollar Rate (JISDOR).
According to Bloomberg, since April 2018, there has been capital outflow from the Indonesian bond market amounting t...
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed in this article are those of the author and do not reflect the official stance of The Jakarta Post.
You might also like :
- Tourists cause human traffic jam at Mt. Fuji
- Women accused of assassinating Kim Jong Nam face key court ruling
- Venezuelan general, colonel arrested over 'attack' on Maduro
- Prosecutors demand 1.5 years for Buddhist woman on ‘azan’ blasphemy charge
- Malaysia to alter 'hideous' tourism logo featuring ape in shades
- US believes missing journalist Tice still alive after six years
- Congresswoman-elect kidnapped in Mexico: Official
- Saudi state carrier hit by system failure ahead of haj
- Indonesian academics can now access e-journal databases worth $1m for free
- Asian Games torch relay route in Jakarta