Spaghetti carbonara is a dish for all ages.
“The light texture makes the dish suitable for iftar [breaking-of-the-fast meal],” said Ahmad Gozali, chef de cuisine at Sapori Deli, Fairmont Jakarta hotel, adding that the creamy pasta was also suitable for kids.
“I also fast [during Ramadhan]. It is not recommended to eat spicy food when breaking the fast as doing so would not be good for the stomach,” he said.
While spaghetti carbonara seems like an easy meal, Ahmad shared that it was important to choose the right pan, good ingredients and not to overheat the cream. (asw)
Read also: Istiqlal to hold Ramadhan fair
- Olive oil
- 1 tsp, chopped
- 5 grams champignon mushrooms
- 10 grams smoked-chicken ham, chopped
- 25 grams cream
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- 3 basil leaves
- 100 grams cooked spaghetti
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 15 grams parmesan cheese
- Watercress, as desired
- 3 drops of basil oil
- Heat olive oil in a pan. Add onion, sauté until fragrant.
- Add champignon mushrooms and smoked chicken ham. Add more olive oil.
- Slowly add the cream into the pan. Stir well. Reduce the heat. Simmer until the cream reduces.
- Add salt and basil leaves. Put spaghetti and stir well.
- Add more salt for seasoning.
- Put egg yolk, olive oil, pepper and lemon juice. Stir well.
- Serve with parmesan cheese, watercress and basil oil.