The Jakarta Post
The Indonesian Air Force has released
the names of the people who were on board the military C-130 Hercules
aircraft, registration number A 1310, that crashed into several homes
in a housing area on Jl. Jamin Ginting, Medan, North Sumatra, at
12:08 p.m. local time on Tuesday, two minutes after take-off from the
Soewondo Air Force Base, formerly known as the Polonia International
Airport, as the plane was on its way to Tanjung Pinang, Riau Islands.
The Medan search and rescue team has reportedly recovered 15 body bags, mostly from the plane wreckage, and taken them to the nearby Adam Malik Hospital.
Meanwhlile, Indonesian Military spokesperson Maj. Gen. Fuad Basya told reporters that at least 12 soldiers were on board the crashed plane, which had been made in the US in 1964.
Here are the names :
1. Pilot: Capt. Sandy Permana
2. Co-pilot 1: First Lt. Pandu Setiawan
3. Co-pilot 2: Second Lt. Dian Sukma P
4. Navigator: Capt. Roni Setiawan
5. Air radio officer: Sgt. Maj Bambang H.
6. Air engine officer: Chief Warrant Officer Ibnu Kohar
7. Air engine officer: Chief Warrant Officer Andik S
8. Air engine officer: Warrant Officer Parijo
9. Load Master instructor: Chief Warrant Officer Ngaserman
10. Load Master: Chief Warrant Officer Yahya
11. Load Master: Warrant Officer Agus P
12.Extra officer: Second Private Alvian
Adam Malik Hospital spokesperson Sairi M Saragih said earlier that the team found it difficult to identify the victims as most of the bodies were recovered in pieces. (dmr)