The Jakarta Post
Acting Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat is hoping that Jakarta governor-elect Anies Baswedan and his deputy Sandiaga Uno will leave the 15 percent contribution requirement for developers involved in the province’s reclamation activities in place if they decide to continue the project.
Djarot also plans to talk with the Jakarta Council and related ministries before he leaves office in October about the importance of imposing a mandatory contribution scheme in the project
“The future of the reclamation project is in the hands of Anies and Sandiaga now,” Djarot said as quoted by tempo.co in Jakarta on Wednesday.
The Jakarta administration’s regional secretary Saefullah said a string of talks about profit sharing on the reclamation project previously held at the council had failed to achieve significant progress as councilors still had different opinions on the scheme.
The 15 percent profit sharing scheme was proposed by non-active Jakarta Governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama, who considers such a contribution scheme to be more beneficial to the Jakarta administration and the public than a profit-sharing scheme.
Under this mechanism, the Jakarta administration will receive 15 percent of funds from sold properties on reclaimed land based on the land’s taxable value of property (NJOP), Ahok said at that time. (idb/ebf)