The Jakarta Post
Tourist destinations and entertainment places owned by the Jakarta administration will be temporarily closed for two weeks in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, Jakarta Governor Anies Baswedan said on Friday.
The destinations are Ancol Dreamland Park, Ragunan Zoo, the National Monument and government-owned museums.
“Public transportation will be operating as usual,” Anies said, adding that Car Free Day would be suspended as well to minimize contacts in open public space.
Aside from public transportation, public services such as district and subdistrict offices, community health centers, as well as mayor and governor offices will be operating as well.
“We have also prepared protocols for public or religious events, which we will inform the public about soon,” Anies added.
Anies also asked business owners to prepare for a protocol for remote working for private businesses.
“We have yet to prepare a protocol for that, but offices and companies have to prepare for the protocols and procedures. We did not wish for this to happen, but at least they will be prepared if something happens,” Anies said.
On Friday, the Health Ministry's disease control and prevention director general Achmad Yurianto announced that the number of coronavirus cases in Indonesia had increased to 69 with 35 new cases.
The ministry has recorded four deaths so far. Two of the three new fatalities are Case 35 and 36, identified as a 57-year-old woman and a 37-year-old woman, who died in Sulianto Saroso Infectious Hospital. (dpk)