TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post
President Prabowo Subianto stands with an Air Force officer next to a Rafale fighter jet during a handover ceremony on May 18 for six Rafale fighter jets, one Airbus A400M military aircraft and four Dassault Falcon 8X military aircraft at Halim Perdanakusuma air base, in East Jakarta.
President Prabowo Subianto stands with an Air Force officer next to a Rafale fighter jet during a handover ceremony on May 18 for six Rafale fighter jets, one Airbus A400M military aircraft and four Dassault Falcon 8X military aircraft at Halim Perdanakusuma air base, in East Jakarta.`
Politics premium

New armaments aim to defend sovereignty, says Prabowo

President Prabowo Subianto symbolically handed on Monday replica keys to new armaments over to the military as a means to defend Indonesian sovereignty amid shifting geopolitical realities.

1 hour ago
Society premium

Nadiem case deters young Indonesians overseas from returning

The prosecution of former education minister Nadiem Makarim, an Ivy League graduate who left Indonesia’s first unicorn start-up Gojek, which he cofounded, to serve in government, is fueling unease among young Indonesians overseas who now question whether returning home is worth the risk.

2 hours ago
Politics

Prabowo says Indonesia to build up defense capabilities with new aircrafts

Jakarta signed an $8.1 billion deal in 2022 under then-defense minister Prabowo to purchase 42 French-made Rafale fighters.

17 hours ago

The Latest

View more
Archipelago premium

N. Sumatra running out of measles vaccines amid increasing cases

The province recorded 748 cases as of April 30, with 51 cases having tested positive after laboratory tests, compared to March 5 data with only 387 cases.

21 hours ago
Archipelago premium

BP Batam reveals reason for canceled reexport of US-origin waste

Inspection found that there was less than 5 percent of hazardous and toxic goods in one e-waste container.

22 hours ago
Archipelago premium

Wife of N. Sumatra church fund embezzler named suspect in money laundering case

The two are suspected to have used some Rp 7 billion (US$397,660) from the total Rp 28 billion embezzled from the Catholic Church parish' credit union in Aek Nabara, Labuhanbatu regency.

23 hours ago
Politics premium

Labor activist, national hero Marsinah honored in new memorial site

At the museum’s inauguration, President Prabowo Subianto said the site reflects the government’s commitment to labor movements, while calling Marsinah’s murder ‘a brutal act’ that should not happen in the country.

1 day ago
Society premium

Prabowo vows to fix problems in free meals program amid governance concerns

President Prabowo Subianto has pledged to address various problems surrounding his administration’s flagship free nutritious meal program, while defending the multibillion-rupiah initiative as essential for students and farmers nationwide amid mounting concerns over its governance.

1 day ago
politics

Prabowo recognizes 'problems' with free meal scheme

The scheme, which is said to have provided meals to more than 61 million people by March, was among the first to be cut back as Jakarta seeks to counter the economic impact of the Middle East war.

2 days ago
politics

Indonesia to review visa waivers after foreign scammers' arrests

Authorities last week detained more than 500 people in two separate raids on an online gambling ring in the capital Jakarta and a scamming syndicate in Batam.

4 days ago

Your Opinion Matters

Share your experiences, suggestions, and any issues you've encountered on The Jakarta Post. We're here to listen.

Enter at least 30 characters
0 / 30

Thank You

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.