TheJakartaPost

Please Update your browser

Your browser is out of date, and may not be compatible with our website. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below.
Just click on the icons to get to the download page.

Jakarta Post

Thousands regain JKN subsidized coverage, social minister says

Officials will launch ground verification to ensure whether 2,000 beneficiaries that switch to the self-funded scheme can still pay for the premiums by themselves or require subsidies from the state.

Radhiyya Indra (The Jakarta Post)
Premium
Jakarta
Wed, February 18, 2026 Published on Feb. 18, 2026 Published on 2026-02-18T18:07:47+07:00

Change text size

Gift Premium Articles
to Anyone

Share the best of The Jakarta Post with friends, family, or colleagues. As a subscriber, you can gift 3 to 5 articles each month that anyone can read—no subscription needed!
A patient files a request on Feb. 13, 2026, to reactivate his subsidized national health insurance (JKN) policy at the Bekasi Municipality Social Affairs Agency in Bekasi, West Java. A patient files a request on Feb. 13, 2026, to reactivate his subsidized national health insurance (JKN) policy at the Bekasi Municipality Social Affairs Agency in Bekasi, West Java. (Antara/Darryl Ramadhan)

M

ore than 40,000 recipients of national health insurance’s (JKN) subsidized scheme had their memberships reactivated, after their benefits were revoked in early February following a welfare data update.

Social Affairs Minister Saifullah Yusuf said around 2,000 of 40,000 beneficiaries switched to self-funded premiums, indicating they no longer required state subsidies.

“We continue to launch ground checks to ensure whether these beneficiaries can continue to receive their self-funded benefits or will later switch to PBI again,” Saifullah said on Monday, as quoted by Kompas.com.

He added the Social Affairs Ministry and Statistics Indonesia (BPS) will implement monthly verification on affected participants to “hopefully make [the] data more accurate” and prevent future misidentification.

Separately, Office of the Coordinating Social Empowerment Minister Muhaimin Iskandar said policies for 106,000 beneficiaries with diagnosed severe health issues had been automatically reactivated to make sure they could still access treatment for their condition.

The Jakarta Post - Newsletter Icon

Morning Brief

Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday morning.

Delivered straight to your inbox three times weekly, this curated briefing provides a concise overview of the day's most important issues, covering a wide range of topics from politics to culture and society.

By registering, you agree with The Jakarta Post's

Thank You

for signing up our newsletter!

Please check your email for your newsletter subscription.

View More Newsletter

The move followed the mass revocation of PBI recipients as of Feb. 1 following an update to the Single National Social and Economic Data (DTSEN), a unified social assistance database used by the Health Care and Social Security Agency (BPJS Kesehatan) to determine a person’s eligibility for the subsidized scheme. 

to Read Full Story

  • Unlimited access to our web and app content
  • e-Post daily digital newspaper
  • No advertisements, no interruptions
  • Privileged access to our events and programs
  • Subscription to our newsletters
or

Purchase access to this article for

We accept

TJP - Visa
TJP - Mastercard
TJP - GoPay

Redirecting you to payment page

Pay per article

Thousands regain JKN subsidized coverage, social minister says

Rp 35,000 / article

1
Create your free account
By proceeding, you consent to the revised Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.
Already have an account?

2
  • Palmerat Barat No. 142-143
  • Central Jakarta
  • DKI Jakarta
  • Indonesia
  • 10270
  • +6283816779933
2
Total Rp 35,000

Your Opinion Matters

Share your experiences, suggestions, and any issues you've encountered on The Jakarta Post. We're here to listen.

Enter at least 30 characters
0 / 30

Thank You

Thank you for sharing your thoughts. We appreciate your feedback.

Share options

Quickly share this news with your network—keep everyone informed with just a single click!

Change text size options

Customize your reading experience by adjusting the text size to small, medium, or large—find what’s most comfortable for you.

Gift Premium Articles
to Anyone

Share the best of The Jakarta Post with friends, family, or colleagues. As a subscriber, you can gift 3 to 5 articles each month that anyone can read—no subscription needed!

Continue in the app

Get the best experience—faster access, exclusive features, and a seamless way to stay updated.