The Jakarta Post
Based on the analysis result by Jobplanet, the average minimum monthly salary for IT workers is only around Rp 1 million; some even less than that. (Shutterstock/-)
The salary gap between low- and high-level employees working in the IT industry in Indonesia is quite huge, according to a report by kompas.com.
Based on an analysis by career reference website Jobplanet, which involved 6,500 IT workers across 35 provinces as respondents -- 78 percent of whom were low-level employees and 22 percent high-level ones -- the huge salary gap could especially be found in professions such as IT quality assurance, information system, project consultant and network/security.
A minimum monthly salary for IT quality assurance staff, for instance, is Rp 1 million (US$75.71). Meanwhile, the highest salary reaches Rp 50 million. As for those working in information systems, the salaries range between Rp 300,000 and Rp 41 million.
Based on the results of the analysis, the average minimum salary for IT workers is only around Rp 1 million and some get even less than that. If those employees are working in the capital city, the amount is far below the regional minimum wage (UMR) of Rp 3.1 million.
"Hopefully this information can help illustrate the salary situation of IT workers in Indonesia and can be useful information for job seekers in this industry," said Jobplanet Indonesia chief product officer Kemas Antonius.
A complete list of salaries for some IT professions can be found below:
- Project consultant: Rp 1.3 million - Rp 40.15 million
- ERP consultant: Rp 1.7 million - Rp 25 million
- Software architect: Rp 2 million - Rp 15 million
- IT quality assurance: Rp 1 million - Rp 50 million
- Information systems: Rp 300,000 - Rp 41 million
- Application developer: Rp 1 million - Rp 37 million
- IT planner: Rp 1.2 million - Rp 30 million
- Data analysis: Rp 1.13 million - Rp 21 million
- Video engineer: Rp 1.5 million - Rp 10 million
- System engineer: Rp 1.1 million - Rp 20 million
- Network/security: Rp 1 million - Rp 40 million
- Graphic designer: Rp 1 million - Rp 24 million
- Database administration: Rp 600,000 - Rp 25 million
- Game developer: Rp 1 million - Rp 15 million
- Hardware/software engineer: Rp 500,000 - Rp 20 million
- Web developer: Rp 1 million - Rp 18 million
- UI/UX developer: Rp 1.86 million - Rp 12 million
Your premium period will expire in 0 day(s)close x