The Jakarta Post
Prosecutors have officially withdrawn the appeal against North Jakarta District Court’s two years prison sentence handed to non-active Jakarta governor Basuki “Ahok” Tjahaja Purnama for blasphemy.
North Jakarta District Court spokesman Hasoloan Sianturi said that the court had received the prosecutors' withdrawal request on June 6.
"We're now processing the document regarding the withdrawal. We will also pass the information about the withdrawal to the suspect's lawyers," Hasoloan said on Thursday.
The court will pass the information about the withdrawal to Ahok's lawyers through Central Jakarta District Court, in accordance with the domicile of one of the lawyers
The document was submitted to the Central Jakarta District Court on Thursday morning, he said.
After giving the notice to Ahok's team, the court will submit the withdrawal request to the High Court, he said.
Meanwhile, a source from Ahok's legal team said that the lawyers had received a written notice about the withdrawal from prosecutors on Thursday morning.
Previously, Attorney General HM Prasetyo said that the prosecutors would withdraw the appeal because Ahok had decided not to take further legal processes to challenge the court's ruling.
"Ahok has accepted the verdict. Let's not only focus on one case. There are a lot of cases that we need to pay attention to," Prasetyo said as quoted by tribunnews.com on Wednesday.