The Jakarta Post
The central government officially lifted its moratorium on the Jakarta Bay reclamation project through an announcement letter issued by the Office of the Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister, a top official at the city administration confirmed on Friday.
The letter was sent to Jakarta Governor Djarot Saiful Hidayat on Thursday evening, Development Planning Board head Tuty Kusumawati said at City Hall.
“With the announcement, the ban on construction work on the Jakarta reclamation project is officially lifted and, as a consequence, the minister’s letter banning the project, issued in 2016, is nullified,” Tuty told reporters.
Former minister Rizal Ramli halted the project last year and asked for the fulfillment of several requirements.
The requirements included a revision to the Environmental Impact Analysis (Amdal), taking into account technical designs for power plant pipes, sedimentation mitigation and sailing routes for traditional fishermen.
Coordinating Maritime Affairs Minister Luhut Pandjaitan claims that all requirements for the controversial project have been fulfilled.