The Jakarta Post
The West Kalimantan Health Agency has confirmed that at least 32 medical workers from a private hospital in Pontianak have been exposed to a patient who tested positive for COVID-19.
The patient, a 34-year old man, was initially admitted to the hospital on March 4 after experiencing a cough, fever and shortness of breath. Examinations initially found no sign of pneumonia and he was diagnosed with acute respiratory infections and was being monitored for COVID-19.
On March 10, the patient was diagnosed with pneumonia and started experiencing diarrhea, but with no fever. He was then moved to Soedarso Hospital in Pontianak for isolation and was confirmed to have COVID-19.
“As of now, there are at least 32 medical workers in that private hospital who were exposed to the patient,” health agency head Harisson Azroi said on Sunday as quoted by tribunnews.com.
Harisson added that the workers had been tested and would be put under observation for the next 12 days.
“We are awaiting the test results for these 32 people on the monitoring list by the health department. Health workers will check their homes every day,” he said.
As of Wednesday, the province has two confirmed COVID-19 cases. The local administration has suspended schools and mass gatherings. Indonesia has reported 227 confirmed cases, with 19 deaths and 11 recoveries.(mfp)